Total Time - 20 mins
Preparation time - 10 mins
- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats (aka old fashion oats)
- preferably organic ½ cup raw nuts,
- chopped ¼ cup raw seeds (sunflower or pumpkin seeds are great)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit,
- 2-3 tablespoons grade-b maple syrup or raw honey (or a combo of both)
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil or other healthy cooking oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or almond extract 1 large pinch fine sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300º F. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your clean hands to mix well and toss to coat; it will be sticky and messy but that’s the fun part.
2. The coconut oil might be liquid or solid depending on the temperature of the room you are in (it has a melting point of about 75ºF.)
3. Your hands will warm it up and melt it into the mixture if it’s solid, just be sure to mix it all through the other ingredients so there aren’t any chunks of oil left.
4. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until very lightly toasted. (To make this recipe completely raw-friendly, dehydrate the mixture 5-6 hours at 115ºF in a food dehydrator instead.)
5. Cool before serving or storing. This granola can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks..
Total Calories - 259
Carbs - 44
Fats - 4.6
Protein - 11.3
Fibre - 7.3